Make-Up Aftercare Advice
*** Make-Up Aftercare Advice ***
Be aware of allergic reactions – in the event of this, remove make-up immediately with damp cotton wool and apply a soothing lotion such as calamine lotion.
In order to maintain your make-up look, please follow the aftercare advice below;
After your treatment:
* Avoid swimming, heat treatments; such as steam, sauna or hot tubs and any overly hot environments.
* Avoid UV treatments.
* Avoid touching the face.
* Remember to remove your make-up at the end of the day/event. Use an oil-based eye make-up remover for stubborn eye make-up and waterproof mascara.
* Give your skin a day of ‘rest’ so it can return to its normal ph level and prevent the chance of break-outs.
* If false eyelashes were applied, please follow the separate instructions provided by myself at your appointment.
These tips will help you to prolong your make-up throughout the day/event:
* Avoid touching the face
* Use a fixative spray or setting powder to make the products on the face last longer.
* Use blotting sheets/paper to soak up excess oil on the skin without ruining your makeup.
* Apply a thin layer of powder to the lips before re-applying lipstick using a lip brush then apply a lip gloss.
General homecare advice:
* Try to cleanse, tone and moisturise your face twice a day using products suitable for your skin type.
* Exfoliate once a week to brighten the complexion.
* Apply an appropriate mask after exfoliating to aid in the clearing of skin blemishes.
* You may wish to consider booking a make-up lesson, as this will help you to select colours that are right for your skin tone, whilst teaching you the basics of everyday make-up application.
If redness or irritation occurs, remove the make-up immediately and apply a cold compress or cooling spray to the area. Please do not hesitate to contact me on 07534 225978 for further advice. Seek GP assistance if it doesn’t improve in 24 hours.